PDP Denies Masked Security Escort Allegation Made by APC

July 6, 2014
Hmmmm!

Hmmmm!

The Peoples Democratic Party has denied the allegation by the All Progressives Congress, that its candidate in the upcoming Osun gubernatorial election, Senator Iyiola Omisore is moving around with masked security escorts.

The PDP state chapter spokesman, Bola Ajao in a statement counter accused the Governor of the State, Rauf Aregbesola for moving around with armed thugs.

“Our attention has been drawn to the allegation that our governorship candidate is going about his campaign with masked men.

“We deny these reports and we condemn the attempt to smear the PDP and its candidate. As a law-abiding political party fully supported by the people, we don’t need “state boys” which the APC is using to harass innocent citizens.

“The people of Osun are under siege from armed thugs directly sponsored by the state government. At every campaign the APC hosted, the thugs moved around town with dangerous weapons to compel people to attend their rallies.

“On several occasions, innocent citizens are beaten up simply for rejecting the APC.

“It is under the watch of APC instigation that a peaceful state has witnessed two bomb incidents, one in Osogbo and another recently at Ile Ife.”

“We are aware of APC’s plot to create mayhem in PDP strongholds starting with Ile-Ife.

“We hold APC accountable for any breakdown of law and order in Osun, going by its direct incitement and encouragement of violence ahead of the August 9 poll.

“On our part, the PDP will continue to rely on lawful security apparatus in its statewide house-to-house campaign which has been well received by our people.

“We will continue to rely on our people to defeat the anti- people government of Rauf Aregbesola,” the statement said

Advertisements

Boko Haram: A Creation of Tinubu and Friends-Obanikoro

July 3, 2014

According the tweets by Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro, Bola Ahmed Tinubu and cohorts are the brains behind Boko Haram and their nefarious activities.
This comes bearing some days after Femi-Fani Kayode libel APC and its members “haramites” and Boko Haram sympathisers.
I hope Tinubu and friends will not just wish these allegations away but deny them boldly. They should also take this case to court for their names to be cleared.

Tinubu And Obanikoro At LoggerHead Over Boko Haram

July 3, 2014
Tinubu

Tinubu

A leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu, has asked the Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro, to explain to Nigerians why the over 200 girls kidnapped in Chibok are yet to be rescued. Mr. Tinubu, who had earlier accused the Lagos-born minister of spending time away from his ministerial duties, also said Mr. Obanikoro should stop using Boko Haram as a tool of blackmail against the opposition.

In a press statement signed by Mr. Tinubu’s media aide, Sunday Dare, the former Lagos State governor said, “Obanikoro (aka Onikoro) and this shameless Peoples Democratic Party. PDP government should explain why the Boko Haram insurgency continues unabated despite billions that is being voted for security. The defence budget to fight Boko Haram and Terrorism has become a conduit pipe for the ruling party PDP just as the likes of Obanikoro continue to use Boko Haram as a tool of blackmail against the opposition. This time, just like it failed in the past, it will not stick. It will not stand.”

Mr. Tinubu also described the allegation that he and his friends in the opposition created Boko Haram as “fallacious and untenable.” “This allegation is both unreasonable and unsustainable, but not surprising coming from the person it came from. Bola Tinubu and the APC have been on record repeatedly condemning killings and bombings by Boko Haram and proffering solutions to the menace,” Mr Tinubu said.

Responding to Mr. Tinubu, through his media aide, Mr. Obanikoro said the APC chieftain’s comments were a product of frustration.

Brain Behind Boko Haram Attacks Napped

July 1, 2014
The Mastermind

The Mastermind

A terrorists’ intelligence cell headed by a businessman who participated actively in the abduction of School Girls in Chibok has been busted by troops. The man, Babuji Ya’ari who is also a member of the Youth Vigilante Group popularly known as Civilian JTF which he uses as cover while remaining an active terrorist, also spearheaded the murder of the Emir of Gwoza. His main role in the group is to spy and gather information for the terrorists group.

Babuji has been coordinating several deadly attacks in Maiduguri since 2011, including the daring attacks on Customs and military locations as well as the planting of IEDs in several locations in the town.

The arrest of the businessman who is known to deal in tricycles has also yielded some vital information and facilitated the arrest of other members of the terrorists’ intelligence cell who are women. One of them, Hafsat Bako had earlier escaped to Gombe State to avoid suspicion but was tracked and arrested. Prior to her arrest, Hafsat coordinated the payment of other operatives on the payroll of the group. In her confession, she disclosed that a minimum of N10,000 is paid to each operative depending on the enormity of his task.

Another female suspect named Haj Kaka who doubles as an armourer and a spy for the terrorists group has also been arrested. Until their arrest, all the suspects actively operated a terrorists’ intelligence cell in collaboration with others still at large.

In another development, troops deployed in Goniri, Yobe State, over the weekend, had an encounter with terrorists, resulting in casualties on both sides after the attack was successfully repelled.

CHIBOKGIRLS:“My heart aches for the missing children and their families.”-GEJ

June 28, 2014

“I have had to remain quiet about the continuing efforts by Nigeria’s military, police and investigators to find the girls kidnapped in April from the town of Chibok by the terrorist group Boko Haram.

“I am deeply concerned, however, that my silence as we work to accomplish the task at hand is being misused by partisan critics to suggest inaction or even weakness.

“My silence has been necessary to avoid compromising the details of our investigation. But let me state this unequivocally: My government and our security and intelligence services have spared no resources, have not stopped and will not stop until the girls are returned home and the thugs who took them are brought to justice.

“On my orders, our forces have aggressively sought these killers in the forests of northern Borno state, where they are based. They are fully committed to defending the integrity of their country.

“My heart aches for the missing children and their families. I am a parent myself, and I know how awfully this must hurt. Nothing is more important to me than finding and rescuing our girls.


“Since 2010, thousands of people have been killed, injured, abducted or forced by Boko Haram, which seeks to overwhelm the country and impose its ideology on all Nigerians. My government is determined to make that impossible. We will not succumb to the will of terrorists.

“The abduction of our children cannot be seen as an isolated event. Terrorism knows no borders. This month, Nigeria, Benin, Cameroon, Chad, Niger, Britain and the United States established an External Intelligence Response Unit to share security information on such threats in West Africa.

I propose that we build on this step to establish an enduring, worldwide commitment to destroying terrorism and those who finance or give safe haven to the terrorists.

“In September, I will urge the U.N. General Assembly to establish a U.N.-coordinated system for sharing intelligence and, if necessary, special forces and law enforcement to confront terrorism wherever it occurs.

“In Nigeria, there are political, religious and ethnic cleavages to overcome if we are to defeat Boko Haram. We need greater understanding and outreach between Muslims and Christians. We also know that, as it seeks to recruit the gullible, Boko Haram exploits the economic disparities that remain a problem in our country.

We are addressing these challenges through such steps as bringing stakeholders together and creating a safe schools initiative, a victims’ support fund and a presidential economic recovery program for northeastern Nigeria. We are also committed to ridding our country of corruption and safeguarding human and civil rights and the rule of law.

“Something positive can come out of the situation in Nigeria: most important, the return of the Chibok girls, but also new international cooperation to deny havens to terrorists and destroy their organizations wherever they are — whether in the forests of Nigeria, on the streets of New York or sanctuaries in Iraq or Pakistan. Those who value humanity , civilization and the innocence of children can do no less.”

Did President Jonathan Give Mimiko One Month To Dump LP For PDP?

June 28, 2014

Reports indicate that Governor Olusegun Mimiko  of Ondo State may soon dump from his party, Labour Party (LP) for the ruling party, Peoples Democratic Party.

It was learnt that the decision was taken in a meeting, which had some PDP leaders from South West and Mimiko , Aso Rock , Abuja.

Dr. Mimiko was said to have successfully reclaimed his mandate in 2009 after a legal believed to have been influenced by President Goodluck Jonathan.

According to reports from Daily Post,  Mimiko  is seen as one of the major beneficiaries of Jonathan’s administration to the extent he is regarded a PDP bigwig in South West.

A source, who is also the major financier of PDP in the South West, said the pressure is now on Mimiko to dump his party and join PDP since it won Ekiti election.

The time frame, according to the source close to the PDP, became imperative due to President Goodluck Jonathan’s readiness to declare his intention to run for second term soonest.

Mimiko is expected to be part of the those that will grace the official declaration of the president.

Continuing, the source said “delegates are very important to congress, if Mimiko refused to declare for the PDP and properly decamp openly, how will he be parts of the delegates selection process?”

“That means that Mimiko must decamp to the PDP because if he doesn’t , Olusola Oke and other leaders will be the one to nominate delegates and take charge of the party in Ondo state”

He said if the governor refuse to join PDP openly , leaders like Oke will take over the leadership of the party in the state and Mimiko will only be floating even if he decamps later.

The PDP leader said “given the situation at hand, if Mimiko refuse to decamp with the one month ultimatum given to him, he may likely face the wrath of the Presidency or be ready to fight real hard with the federal might”.

When contacted on this issue, Mimiko Chief Press Secretary, Eni Akinsola did not pick calls.

A chieftain of LP, who preferred anonymity, said it is a sensitive matter that can only be reacted to by Governor Mimiko.

He, however, added that the body language of Mimiko has shown that he is working closely with the PDP.

We cannot independently verify the veracity of this article.

#ChibokGirlsIBB Gives A Thumbs Up To DHQ

June 27, 2014
IBB

IBB

General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd), a former military head of state who while stating that he is ready to support Northern Governors over the need to end insurgency in the region also noted that the strategy adopted by Defence Headquarters to rescue the abducted Chibok schoolgirls is appropriate.

Babangida said this yesterday at his residence in Minna while answering journalists’ questions after a delegation from the National Population Commission (NPC) led by the Federal Commissioner representing Niger State, Mr.  Aliyu Datti paid him a courtesy visit.

On the statement by the  Chief of defence staff Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh that the Nigerian troops have pinpointed where the Chibok girls were camped and would not use force, IBB said that “what he said is the right thing; it is only natural that the military does not give away information about their operations, it is part of their training”

He also lauded the  Chief of defence staff tactics in handling the abduction case, assuring Nigerians  that the military was doing something about the rescue of the abducted school girls.

According to reports from Leadership, the former military head of state also stated that Nigerians must live above ethnic and religious sentiment not to go to war on issues that related to census saying that we must not go to war on census that should be just a routine exercise to know our population growth.

On the call by the Chairman of the Northern Governors Forum, Dr Muazu Babangida Aliyu that the Northern leaders should assist the Northern Governors to end insurgence in three months, the Former Military President said “We will continue to provide such advice or assistance, whatever the case may be because we don’t have any other country, this is our country, we can’t betray it.”

The Former head of state said that those who were entertaining fear over the assistance of foreign countries belong to old school of thought, arguing that Nigeria had offered the same assistance to other countries.

He said that every developing nation must go through certain challenges and the ability to confront the challenges and overcome the challenges make the nation to move forward.
“We are 54 years now, Nigeria will be in existence in the next 2000 years, the problem now, me and you will not be there so it is one challenge after the other; life must continue, it is just the ability to face the challenges, we fought civil war for three years, I don’t think any Nigerian now will want to fight another civil war 40 years after” he declared.

21 Members of Boko Haram Arrested In Abia State

June 25, 2014

Less than two weeks after suspected members of Boko Haram were arrested in Abia state, another set of 21 suspects believed to be members of the Islamic group travelling to Kano with several military uniforms concealed inside a luxurious bus were intercepted by the National Task Force (NATFORCE) at Amala in Udenu Local Government Area of Enugu state.

Immediately  the news about the interception filtered into town, tension gripped the residents as they feared that there could be more to it.

It was gathered that the suspects left Aba, Abia state around 2pm for Kaduna and were intercepted at wee hour of Wednesday morning at a boarder community in Enugu state leading to the northern parts of the country.

Investigations revealed that an army sergeant on special duty at Xerox Construction Company in Ohaofia Abia state procured the military uniforms and employed the services of the suspects for onward delivery of the consignments to an army corporal in Kano for an undisclosed mission. The army sergeant whose identity was not ascertained as at the time of going to press was said to have been on the illegal business for quite a while before luck ran out on them.

A competent police source while speaking with our correspondent said the luxurious bus which they were travelling with which belongs to the Young Shall Grow Company was not fully loaded at Aba but stopped over in Enugu to pick other passengers who unknowingly mixed up with the dreaded Islamic sects to Kaduna.

The arrest of the 21 suspects at Obollo-Afor has reportedly sent shivers to residents of the area and the entire South-East that were still grappling with the insecurity in the nation.

However, reacting to the development, the Commissioner of Police, Adamu Abubakar said that full scale investigations will be carried out to authenticate the true mission of the 21 suspects.

“I wouldn’t tell you we arrested people with arms or whatever but all that I know is that we have arrested some people and we did not say they are Boko Haram because people can speculate. For us we don’t speculate until we investigate and after the investigation, we come up with the facts. We have arrested some people from Obolloafor and the matter has just been transferred to us from Obolloafor, but we have not yet gone into the facts of the case, the moment we get details, we will call you back or do a press release. People should know what is happening”, he said

At about 11.30 am  Wednesday, the suspects whose ages ranged between 20 and 35 years were brought to the state police headquarters by the luxury bus accompanied by full military and police security escorts.

(BreakingNews): Massive Bomb Blast Rips Off Emab Plaza In Abuja

June 25, 2014

Scores of people are feared dead as a massive bomb blast rips off Emab Plaza, one of the biggest and most busy malls in Abuja.

The blast, which went off at 3:57 pm, triggered a big bang that set the massive shopping mall on fire.

As at the time of filing the report, human parts, shrapnel and blood were flying about, as confused men and women, who managed to escape from the building ran in different directions, calling for help.

“I can see human parts and some bodies scattered on the ground but we are too scared to get closer for fear of another bomb,” a reporter at the scene said.

“Many traders and visitors to the mall are still trapped in the burning building,” the reporter added.
Men of the Police Anti-bomb Squad were being expected to clear the site before rescue operations could be carried out by emergency workers.

Ngeria:A Nation Of Absurdities

June 25, 2014

72 days ago in a quiet Chibok community North Eastern Nigeria,almost 300 innocent school girls were abducted in an interrupted operation that lasted not less than five hours. As I penciled this down,219 are still missing and our FG and SG are unable to categorically tell us what actually transpired that fateful night.
The brain behind the dastardly act had the audacity,effrontery and temerity to make video of the girls which was widely distributed and watched. To my chagrin, our govt did nothing. They only circulated some old pictures of soldiers which they claimed to be in hot pursuit of the terrorists. This like FFK would have said,was what their jaundiced imagination could give birth to.
Now the terrorists are more emboldened by the incompetence and complete cluelessness of our government. They have gone ahead to abducted more,even as young as 12 years. Imagine what these uncircumcised and demented people would do to them! I shudder in utter disgust,yet we have a govt who gets paid to provide us with security.
The FG claims not to know about this new abduction,the SG has said that they have no fact about it even when the terrorists have released a video.
What more can I say? This nation is ripe for a …, we can’t continue like this. “Those who make peaceful change…”